One of the most important forms of liability protection can be found in Commercial Property Insurance in Florida. Florida Best Quote has over 20+ years of experience working with the top available carriers of commercial and business insurance in the state of Florida. This allows us to provide our clients with the most competitive rates available, along with providing the support of agents who have experience dealing with every situation imaginable.
What is Commercial Property Insurance?
Commercial property insurance protects your company’s physical assets from fire, explosions, burst pipes, storms, theft, and vandalism. Seeing as physical buildings can often be large portions of company assets, it can be very useful to protect from the impacts of hazardous outside factors. For Florida, it is important to note that flooding is typically not included in this insurance and would need to be bundled as an additional policy.
What Types of Property Can Be Insured?
Here are just a few of the different types of property that can be insured with commercial & business property insurance in Florida:
- The building that houses your business, including if it is owned or rented
- All office equipment, including computers, phone systems, and furniture, whether they’re owned or leased
- Accounting records and essential company documents
- Manufacturing or processing equipment
- Inventory kept in stock
- Fence and landscaping
- Signs and satellite dishes
Factors That Can Determine Your Commercial Property Insurance Premium
Factors that can impact your commercial property insurance premium include:
- Location: Buildings in cities or towns with excellent fire protection typically cost less to insure than buildings outside a city or in areas with limited fire protection.
- Construction: Buildings made of potentially combustible materials will have higher premiums, while those made of fire-resistant materials could earn a discount. Additions to an existing structure might affect a fire rating, so it’s a good idea to talk to an agent before remodeling. Fire-resistant interior walls, floors, and doors can help maintain a good fire rating.
- Occupancy: A building’s use also affects its fire rating. An office building will likely rate better than a restaurant or auto repair shop. In a building with multiple tenants, one hazardous occupant will negatively affect the fire rating of the entire building. If a business is in a building with a more hazardous tenant, premiums will be higher.
- Fire and theft protection: Immediate access to fire hydrants and other similar emergency services can impact the premium of your business. Also the age, quality, and existence of other security and safety features of a building can impact your premium. Meaning updating your sprinkler systems, or security systems can help you save.
How To Get the Best Rates For Commercial Property Insurance in Florida
Getting the proper coverage for commercial buildings can be a sliding scale based on budget, amount of coverage, and industry competition. Receiving the best rate possible can be as simple as working with trusted local experts.
At Florida Best Quote, we consider all these factors for you, for free. We shop all the available carriers of commercial building and property insurance to find the most competitive and complete coverage the market has to offer. To receive a quote today, click the button below to get connected to an agent today.